I always have chicken in my fridge or freezer, but finding new ways to make a quick chicken dinner can be a challenge. However, if I can get a complete meal done using only one pan, that chicken challenge is one I welcome with open arms. This dish has it all—meat, vegetables, and a light cheese sauce—a win-win in my house because broccoli on its own as a side dish sometimes falls a little flat. This is a great recipe to make together as a family. The younger kids can help mix the cheese spread and place the broccoli in the center. The older kids can butterfly the chicken and season it. Parents, that leaves you with the easy task of wrapping the Prosciutto and popping it into the oven.
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED CHEESY BROCCOLI STUFFED CHICKEN
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces baby broccoli spears
- Olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay each chicken breast open on a cutting board and season the insides with salt and fresh cracked black pepper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced shallot, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread even amounts of the cheese mixture onto the inside of each chicken breast. Add even amounts of baby broccoli spears to one half of each piece of chicken and fold the other half of the breast over to cover the broccoli.
- Brush each breast with olive oil, wrap with prosciutto, and lay wrapped chicken into a cast iron pan and season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.