7 Intentional Choices to a Healthy Lifestyle
1. Spend quality time with Jesus daily. Read the Bible. Be still and journal your thoughts. Pray, giving thanks and praise. “My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.” Proverbs 4:20-22
2. Eat well. Conscious nutrition consumption is imperative to an optimally functioning and healing body. Increase vegetables and fruits, decrease processed foods. Eat a high protein breakfast (i.e. eggs or a protein shake).
3. Exercise. A strong & healthy core prevents illness & disease. To add lean muscle, pursue 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training 3x/week. Lean muscle burns 50 calories/day. Every pound of fat only burns about 5 calories/day. That’s a 10 fold or 1000% return on your exercise investment!
4. Drink water. Drinking ½ your weight in ounces of water daily is recommended (i.e. 150 lb woman drinks 75 ounces water daily). The negative effects of too little water are numerous. A mere 2% drop in our body’s water supply can trigger signs of dehydration, resulting in illness and disease.
5. Take fish oil. High quality – molecularly distilled and third party tested (DHA, EPA–3000mg/day) fish oil helps protect against heart disease, optimizes neurological function (reducing inflammation of the tissue and joints), and reduces the chances of all forms of cancer (including breast, colon and prostate).
6. Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Optimal sleep is critical in allowing healing and restoration of your cells and tissue. Sleep before midnight has been found to be more restorative than sleep after midnight. “Early to bed, early to rise makes one healthy, wealthy, and wise.”–Ben Franklin
7. Get adjusted by your Doctor of Chiropractic. Reducing nerve interference (subluxation) by correcting spinal misalignments with routine spinal checks is optimal in restoring maximum function and self-healing abilities. It has been shown to prevent pregnancy complications like premature delivery and low birth weight. It also helps fight mild depression, has been helpful in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis & osteoarthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, systemic lupus, autism, ADHD, asthma, allergies, etc. It not only makes you feel great, but also corrects the cause rather than treating the symptoms.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit,
who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own” 1 Corinthians 6:19