With winter getting a bit long, I need a blast of summer. And what better way to remember those summer days than with a fresh berry cake!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. minced lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour + ⅛ Cup for dusting berries
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups fresh raspberries + 1 cup for decoration
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Mix in one egg at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Add in salt, juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Slowly whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until it resembles a thick cream.
3. Preheat oven to 355 degrees. Dust raspberries with flour. Grease and flour a springform pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Lay the raspberries evenly over the batter and then pour the rest of the batter over the top.
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Carefully remove from springform pan.
5. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and brush over the top of the cake while it is still warm. Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining raspberries. Enjoy!